Friday, January 23, 2009

Dialogue Workout 10


1.
A: What do you usually do on Sundays?
B: In the morning, I go to church.
A: Who do you go to church with?
B: I always go with my family.
A: What do you do after church?
B: We sometimes go to the park.
2.
A: What do you do for your summer vacation?
B: I like to relax and read books.
A: What kind of books do you read?
B: I always read mysteries.
A: What do you do at night after work?
B: I don’t do much. I just take it easy.
3.
A: Where do you usually buy food?
B: I always buy food at Safeway.
A: How far is it from your apartment?
B: It’s only a couple of blocks.
A: That’s very convenient, isn’t it?
B: Yes, it is. The bus stop is near my apartment, too.
4.
A: Where does your sister buy medicine?
B: She buys it at Walgreen’s.
A: How far is it from her house?
B: It’s convenient. Only three blocks.
A: Does she go shopping at Safeway, too?
B: No, Safeway is too far. She goes to Cala Foods instead.
5.
A: I would like to cash this check.
B: Do you have an account at this bank?
A: Yes. I have a checking account.
B: Please, sign your name on the back.
A: How much do I have in my account?
B: You have $500.00 in your account.
6.
A: Do you like to go fishing?
B: Yes. I go fishing once in a while.
A: Where do you go fishing?
B: I go fishing at Fisherman’s Wharf.
A: Do you ever catch anything?
B: No, I never catch anything. But it’s fun anyway.
7.
A: How often do you play cards?
B: I play cards once a month.
A: Who do you play cards with?
B: I usually play cards with my neighbors.
A: How long do you usually play?
B: We sometimes play cards until two in the morning.
8.
A: How often does your cousin go to church?
B: He never goes to church.
A: What does he do on Sundays?
B: He likes to spend time with his girlfriend.
A: Do they like to play tennis?
B: Yes. They sometimes play tennis, and they sometimes have a picnic.
9.
A: I don’t have time to go dancing.
B: Why not? Are you busy tonight?
A: Yes, I am. I have to paint my apartment.
B: Are you busy tomorrow morning?
A: No. What do you want to do?
B: Let’s go for a walk in the park.
10.
A: I don’t have time to talk right now.
B: Do you have time tomorrow?
A: Yes. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.
B: Okay. I’ll see you then.

0 comments: