Friday, January 23, 2009

Dialogue Workout 11


1.
A: What do you do in your free time?
B: I often go to the movies.
A: Are you going to the movies tonight?
B: No. I’m going dancing tonight.
A: How often do you go dancing?
B: I go dancing once or twice a month.
2.
A: Judy sometimes goes dancing.
B: Does she do anything else in her free time?
A: Yes, she sometimes goes out with her friends.
B: Where do they usually go?
A: They sometimes go to parties.
B: Judy must have a lot of fun.
3.
A: What do you know about Maria?
B: She paints beautiful T shirts.
A: I know that. What else does she do?
B: She also works part time as a waitress.
A: Does she work Monday to Friday?
B: Yes. She sometimes works on the weekend, too.
4.
A: I really like my job.
B: What kind of work do you do?
A: I’m a taxi driver.
B: Why do you like your job?
A: I meet a lot of interesting people.
B: When do you usually work?
A: From 5:00 in the afternoon until midnight.
5.
A: I can’t talk now. I have to run.
B: Why are you in a hurry?
A: I have to catch the bus.
B: Maybe we’ll have time tomorrow.
A: Yes, I really want to talk to you.
6.
A: I like my job, but I have a problem.
B: What’s your problem?
A: I don’t want to talk about it.
B: Come on. Tell me. It’s all right.
A: I never see my wife. She works from 9:00 to 5:00.
B: I understand. And you work from 5:00 until midnight. That’s a big problem.
7.
A: Joe has a big problem.
B: Everybody has problems. What’s his?
A: He and his wife have different work schedules.
B: That’s not a very big problem.
A: It isn’t? Why do you say that?
B: They can see each other on the weekend.
8.
A: Yolanda works very hard every day.
B: I know. She doesn’t have much free time.
A: She doesn’t go to movies or parties.
B: She doesn’t watch TV, either.
A: She has time to work, eat, and sleep.
B: She doesn’t have time for much else.
9.
A: Speak louder, please. I can’t hear.
B: Why not? What’s going on?
A: There’s some construction outside.
B: What are the construction workers doing?
A: They’re tearing down a building.
B: I’ll try to talk louder.
10.
A: I can’t talk right now.
B: Why are you running?
A: I have to run or I’ll miss the bus.
B: You said the same thing yesterday.

0 comments: