Friday, January 23, 2009

Dialogue Workout 13


1.
A: Is this dress on sale?
B: No, it isn’t. But this blouse is on sale.
A: How much is it?
B: It’s 30 dollars.
A: How much will I save?
B: It was 35 dollars. So, you will save 5 dollars.
2.
A: Is this coat on sale?
B: No, it isn’t. But this sweater is on sale.
A: How much is it?
B: It’s 25 dollars.
A: How much will I save?
B: It was 31 dollars. So, you will save 6 dollars.
3.
A: Are these pants on sale?
B: No, they aren’t. But these shoes are on sale.
A: How much are they?
B: They’re 58 dollars.
A: How much will I save?
B: They were 62 dollars. So, you will save 4 dollars.
4.
A: Are these shirts expensive?
B: No, they aren’t. They’re cheap now.
A: How much are they?
B: They are each 30 dollars.
A: How much will I save?
B: They were 40 dollars. So, you will save 10 dollars.
5.
A: I can’t talk now. I have to hurry.
B: Why are you always late?
A: Because I don’t get up early.
B: Maybe we’ll have time tomorrow.
6.
A: I want a red dress.
B: What size do you wear?
A: I wear size ten. Do you have that size?
B: Yes. All of the dresses are over there.
A: Are they on sale this week?
B: Some of them are, and some of them aren’t.
7.
A: I need a blue shirt.
B: What size do you wear?
A: I wear a large size. Do you have large shirts?
B: Yes. All of the shirts are over there.
A: Are they on sale?
B: Yes. A few of them are on sale.
8.
A: My son needs pants.
B: We don’t sell boy’s pants.
A: Where can I buy pants for my son?
B: You can buy them at the store across the street.
A: Are they expensive?
B: No. They aren’t expensive, and they aren’t cheap, either.
9.
A: My daughter wants a green skirt.
B: We don’t sell girl’s clothes.
A: Where can I buy a skirt for my daughter?
B: You can buy it at the store across the street.
A; Is it expensive?
B: No, it isn’t expensive, and it isn’t cheap, either.
10.
A: I went to Macy’s this morning.
B: Did you find some nice clothes?
A: Yes, I did. I bought a warm sweater and new shoes.
B: Did you try on the sweater before you bought it?
A: Yes, I did. It fit perfectly. It’s a red sweater.
B: I like it very much. But, I think you should return the shoes. They aren’t attractive.

0 comments: