Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dialogue Workout 3



A: Where are you going?
B: I’m going to the drugstore.
A: Why are you going there?
B: I need some medicine.
A: When are you coming back?
B: Around 2:30.

2
A: Where is Jose going?
B: He’s going to visit his friend.
A: Where does his friend live?
B: On Valencia Street.
A: When is he coming back?
B: Around 3 o’clock.

3
A: Are David and Olga going to school now?
B: No, they aren’t. They have to work.
A: When are they going to school?
B: This evening.
A: Are they going to study Math?
B: No, they aren’t. They’re going to study English.

4.
A: Where is Maria going now?
B: She’s going to the post office.
A: Why is she going there?
B: She’s going to send a letter.
A: Is she buying any stamps?
B: Yes, she is. She’s buying some stamps.

5.
A: What are you looking for?
B: I’m looking for my pen.
A: What color is it?
B: It’s blue. Did you see it?
A: I think so. Is this your pen?
B: Yes, that’s my pen. Thanks.

6.
A: Where are you going now?
B: I’m going to the Bart Station.
A: Oh. Are you going to Berkeley?
B: No, I’m not. I’m going to Daly City.
A: Well, have a good ride.
B: Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow.

7.
A: Where is Susan going now?
B: She’s going to the Bart Station.
A: Oh. Is she going to Daly City?
B: No, she isn’t. She’s going to Oakland.
A: How long will it take?
B: It’s fast. Only about 45 minutes.

8.
A: How often do the buses come?
B: They come every fifteen minutes.
A: Is that the Number 14 Bus coming now?
B: No, it isn’t. It’s the Number 49 Bus.
A: I don’t want that bus.
B: Don’t worry. The Number 14 will be here any
minute.

9.
A: Are you waiting for the street car?
B: Yes, I am. Is it coming soon?
A: Yes, it is. I think I see it now.
B: Is it the J Street Car?
A: Yes, it is. Are you going downtown?
B: No, I’m going to Civic Center.

10.
A: Is Steven busy?
B: Yes, he is. He’s at the laundromat.
A: What’s he doing?
B: He’s washing his clothes.
A: Please, tell him I called.
B: Sure. I’ll give him the message.

0 comments: