Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dialogue Workout 4


1.
A: Are David and Olga busy?
B: Yes, they are. They’re at school.
A: What are they doing?
B: They’re studying English.
A: Please, tell them I called.
B: Sure. I’ll give them the message.

2.
A: Is Sandra busy?
B: Yes, she is. She’s at the nightclub.
A: What’s she doing?
B: She’s playing the piano.
A: Please, tell her I called.
B: Sure. I’ll give her the message.

3.
A: Mario can’t talk to you now. He’s busy.
B: What’s he doing?
A: He’s cooking dinner.
B: That’s okay. Please tell him I called.
A: Sure. I’ll give him the message.
B: I’ll call back tomorrow.

4.
A: Sylvia can’t talk to you now. She’s busy.
B: What’s she doing?
A: She’s cleaning her room.
B: That’s okay. Please tell her I called.
A: Sure. I’ll give her the message.
B: I’ll call back in a little while.

5.
A: Where are Mr. and Mrs. Wilson?
B: They’re in the dining room.
A: Are they having dinner now?
B: Yes, they are. Can I take a message?
A: Yes, this is their friend Roberta.
B: I’ll tell them you called.

6.
A: Where are Mr. and Mrs. Johnson?
B: They’re in the basement right now.
A: What are they doing?
B: They’re looking for old letters.
A: Please, tell them I called.
B: Sure. I’ll give them the message.

7.
A: Are your students interesting?
B: Yes, they are. They’re from different countries.
A: Do they speak different languages?
B: Yes, they do. English isn’t Mr. Soto’s first language.
A: What language does Mr. Soto speak?
B: He speaks Japanese. He’s from Japan.

8.
A: Are your students interesting?
B: Yes, they are. They’re from different countries.
A: Do they speak different languages?
B: Yes, they do. English isn’t Mario’s first language.
A: What language does Mario speak?
B: He speaks Spanish. He’s from Mexico.

9.
A: Are your students interesting?
B: Yes, they are. They’re from different countries.
A: Do they speak different languages?
B: Yes, they do. English isn’t Natasha’s first language.
A: What language does she speak?
B: She speaks Russian. She’s from Moscow.

10.
A: What are your students doing now?
B: They’re practiciing conversation.
A: Are they studying pronunciation too?
B: Yes, they are. They practice conversation and study pronunciation every day.
A: When are they going to read a story?
B: They’re going to read a story on Friday.

0 comments: