Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dialogue Workout 5


1.
A: Where are Tom and Mary?
B: They’re at school.
A: What are they doing?
B: They’re studying English.
A: When is their class?
B: It’s at 10:30.

2.
A: Where are you going now?
B: I’m going to the Bart Station.
A: Oh. Are you going to Berkeley?
B: No, I’m not. I’m going to Daly City.
A: Well, have a good ride.
B: Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow.

3.
A: Are your children in school?
B: No, they aren’t. It’s a holiday.
A: Where are they?
B: They’re in the park.
A: What are they doing?
B: They’re playing baseball.
A: Are they playing soccer, too?
B: No, they aren’t. They’re only
playing baseball.

4.
A: Where are you going?
B: I’m going to the supermarket.
A: What are you buying?
B: I’m buying some groceries.
A: When are you coming back?
B: I’m coming back at 2 o’clock.

5.
A: Some students are absent today.
B: Where are they? Are they at work?
A: Maria isn’t at work. She’s at the dentist.
B: Where are Mr. and Mrs. Soto today?
A: They’re at the Social Security Office.
B: Our teacher is absent today, too!

6.
A: Are you waiting for the street car?
B: Yes, I am. Is it coming soon?
A: Yes, it is. I think I see it now.
B: Is it the J Street Car?
A: Yes, it is. Are you going downtown?
B: No, I’m going to Civic Center.

7.
A: Some students are absent today.
B: Where are they? Do you know?
A: George isn’t here. He’s working today.
B: Where are David and Olga today?
A: They’re shopping downtown.
B: Our teacher isn’t here, either!

8.
A: What are Sam and Betty doing?
B: They’re watching TV.
A: What program are they watching?
B: They’re watching the news on Channel Five.
A: Do they like to watch TV?
B: Yes. They sometimes like to watch TV.

9.
A: What’s Judy doing right now?
B: She’s practicing the piano.
A: How often does she practice?
B She practices piano every evening.
A: She likes to play the piano.
B: She certainly does.

10.
A: What’s Henry doing right now?
B: He’s cooking dinner.
A: What kind of food is he cooking?
B: He’s cooking Mexican food.
A: How often does he cook?
B: He cooks three times a week.

0 comments: