Monday, January 19, 2009

Dialogue Workout 6


1.
A: Is Linda busy?
B: Yes, she is. She’s washing her hair.
A: Is Ted busy?
B: Yes, he is. He’s feeding his dog.
A: I have to talk to Linda or Ted.
B: You’ll have to call back later.
2.
A: Where’s Walter?
B: He’s in the kitchen.
A: What’s he doing?
B: He’s eating breakfast.
A: I need to talk to him right away.
B: Okay. I’ll go and get him.
3.
A: Where are Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
B: They’re in the dining room.
A: Are they eating dinner?
B: Yes, they are. Do you need to talk to them?
A: No, that’s all right. I don’t want to bother them.
B: I’ll tell them you called.
4.
A: What’s Martha doing?
B: She’s watching TV.
A: Can I talk to her please? It’s important.
B: But, she’s watching her favorite program.
A: All right. I can call back later.
B: I’ll tell her you called.
5.
A: Are Bob and Judy busy?
B: Yes, they are. They’re washing their windows.
A: I need to talk them right away.
B: Is it important?
A: Yes, it is. It’s very important.
B: Okay. I’ll go and get them.
6.
A: What’s Patty Williams doing?
B: She’s fixing her bicycle.
A: I need to talk to her right away.
B: I’m sorry. She isn’t home right now.
A: She isn’t? Where is she?
B: She’s in the parking lot.
7.
A: What’s Charlie Harris doing?
B: He’s playing the piano.
A: I have to speak with him right now.
B: I’m very sorry, but he’s not here.
A: Not there? Where is he?
B: He’s at the night club now.
8.
A: Are Mr. and Mrs. Green busy?
B: Yes, they are. They’re eating dinner.
A: I want to talk to Mrs. Green, please.
B: I’m sorry. They aren’t home right now.
A: Well, where are they? Do you know?
B: Yes, they’re at Stanley’s Restaurant.
9.
A: I want to talk with Mr. Sharp.
B: I’m sorry. Mr. Sharp isn’t home.
A: Where is he? Do you know?
B: At the laundromat. Do you want to talk to Mrs.Sharp?
A: Yes, I want to talk to her. It’s urgent.
B: I’ll go and get her right now.
10.
A: Is Mr. Nathan home?
B: No, he isn’t. He’s in the park.
A: What’s he doing?
B: He’s reading today’s newspaper.
A: Okay. I’ll call back tomorrow.
B: I’ll tell him you called.

0 comments: