Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dialogue Workout 18


1.
A: May I speak with the manager?
B: Yes. I’m the manager.
A: I read your ad in the paper.
B: Oh. Do you want to apply for the cook job?
A: That’s right. I’m very interested.
B: All right. Please fill out this application form.
2.
A: Can I talk to the supervisor?
B: Yes, I’m the supervisor. Can I help you?
A: I heard about an opening in your factory.
B: That’s right. Would you like to apply?
A: Yes, I would. I’m very interested.
B: Good. Please fill out this application form.
3.
A: May I speak to Mrs. Parker?
B: I’m Mrs. Parker. How can I help you?
A: My friend told me you need a housekeeper.
B: That’s right. Do you want to apply for the job?
A: Yes, I do. I’m very interested.
B: Great. Please fill out the application on the table.
4.
A: I’m calling about your ad for an office assistant.
B: Good. I’m glad you called.
A: Is that job still available?
B: Yes, it is. But you need to fill out an application.
A: All right. When can I come in?
B: You can come in during our office hours, from 9:00 to 5:00
5.
A: Your application is very good.
B: Do you think so?
A: Yes, you have a lot of experience as a cook.
B: I can cook different kinds of food.
A: You can start on Monday at 1 o’clock.
6.
A: Hello. Personnel Department.
B: Hello. This is Dave Jones. I’m calling about the teller job. I already filled out an application.
A: Yes, Mr. Jones. Your application is very good.
B: Thank you. Can I come in for an interview?
A: Yes. Can you come in on Monday at 10:00?
B: On Monday at 10:00? Yes, I can.
7.
A: Do you have experience as a sales clerk?
B: Yes, I do. I have three years experience.
A: Do you know how to use a cash register?
B: Yes, I do. I can use a cash register very well.
A: Can you take inventory?
B: Yes. I know how to take inventory.
8.
A: Do you have experience as a janitor?
B: Yes, I do. I have two years experience.
A: Do you know how to operate a vacuum cleaner?
B: Yes, I do. I can operate one very well.
A: Can you clean large offices?
B: Yes. I know how to clean large offices.
9.
A: May I speak to the manager?
B: Yes, I’m the manager of this service station.
A: I want to ask about the mechanic job.
B: Yes. That job is still available.
A: I have four years experience as a mechanic.
B: Good. We need a mechanic. Fill out this form.
10.
A: What job are you applying for?
B: I’m applying for the cashier job.
A: Do you have any experience?
B: Yes. I was a cashier in El Salvador.
A: Great. Please, fill out this application.

0 comments: